Saturday 27 December 2014

#WillYouShave ? Because I Definitely Will.

"Shave off your beard and wear a dress. You would be a great female impersonator."
-Simon Cowell
As a matter of principle, I would only shave right before a big interview or a date with an attractive woman. But that was before the fateful events of 24th November 2014. You see I got into the craze of what was being widely spread as 'No Shave November'. So I was strutting around with more than just stubble. In fact, a few days ago a classmate of mine 'Mr. Roy Kapoor' (names changed to protect identity of those involved), who was always clean shaven, publicly ridiculed me in class for this very reason. I paid no heed to his taunts and comments, although in retrospect I wish I had.
One Monday (24th November), as I was on my way to college, I got a call from my friend  informing me that the Principal was holding a 'small' intra-college Fashion Show. What he said next made me realize that the intra-college show was not so small after all. Apparently, the Principal was using the show as a means of deciding who would represent the college at the National Level Modelling Competition.
Now, I was always into modelling. I had the built for it, and was well-trained in my movements. If I got to participate in Nationals it would open some doors for me. Also, our Principal was young and smoking hot, and this show could have been an excellent chance to get her attention ;) . When I reached college I registered for the show immediately. Since the competition was organized in a haste, and without prior notice, we were informed that clothes has no bearing on our scores. I also found out that my arch nemesis 'Roy Kapoor' was participating.
The show started and I was waiting for my turn to come up. I checked out the rest of the competition. A few of them had a built as good as mine, but none of them knew how to 'walk the walk'. Roy was good. But not better than me. When my name was called out I went on the stage and did my thing. I had bagged the competition. Or so I thought...
Half an hour later, the Principal went on stage to declare the results. As she said "And the winner, who will be representing us at Nationals is ...", I was half up my seat, ready to walk up on stage. "...Roy Kapoor.", she exclaimed. 
Image taken from here.
I was heart-broken. i sulked for the next few days. November passed and I decided my beard was getting a bit too much. On the morning of the 1st of December, I shaved using Gillette Fusion, since that's the only blade with which one can get a good, clean, smooth and quick shave.
That day I went to college as usual, when the principal spotted me. She asked me if I was a student of the college. I nodded, trying all the time not to look down her blouse. "Why didn't you participate in the Fashion Show last week?", she asked. "But I did ma'am. I was the one in the blue shirt and cargo shorts." She thought for a moment and asked, "Did you have a beard back then?". I answered in the affirmative. "Oh. I wish you had come with a clean shave. I would have definitely picked you." Then she lightly stroked my smooth cheeks and walked away, leaving me both, confused and aroused.
But more importantly, I was upset. I lost only because of my stubble. I sore from that day that I would shave regularly. And from that day on, thanks to my Gillette Fusion, my life has never been better.


As for, how things went between me and the Princi, that's a story for another day. ;)
This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.

I tag: Monica's Corner for the #WillYouShave Challenge 
I tag: The Solitary Writer for the #WillYouShave Challenge 
I tag: Dare to Think, Beyond Horizon for the #WillYouShave Challenge 
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge