Saturday 24 January 2015

Crushing it!

There is this girl called Vrinda in my batch, in college. Every lecture I would sit behind her and contemplate a varied number of scenarios which would end in us hugging or kissing. Not a minute passed in which I wasn’t thinking about her. When I would walk around the vegetable market and see a gourd, I would think, “That’s curvy. But not as curvy as Vrinda.” When I would see a bird, I would think “Graceful, but not as graceful as Vrinda.”

The Hike
(Image taken from here.)
Finally, I could not take it anymore. Valentines Day was nearing and I decided that no matter what, I would propose to her on that day. I strategically suggested to a group of single friends in my batch (including Vrinda), that while the couples were celebrating Valentines Day, we singles could go for a hike. Accordingly, a plan was made to spend the entire day at the National Park. 

We had a jolly time. There was a moment when Vrinda almost slipped. I, who was standing right behind her as always, caught her as she fell into my arms, and asked with a mixture of concern and happiness, “Are you alright?” Fortunately, she was. 

We reached the top of the hill at 6.00 p.m. My friends were enjoying the view after a tiring climb. However, I was busy enjoying an even more beautiful view – Vrinda.

When it became 6.30 p.m., I caught Vrinda by the hand and took her aside, away from the others. I started talking to her about the weather, nature and other random topics, all the while looking up at the sky. She found my behavior odd, to say the least. 

The Moment
(Image taken from here.)
Then, suddenly, I heard the sound of a plane approaching. I instantly looked towards the source of the sound. The plane was the one I hired specially for Vrinda for that special occasion. The plane had a banner at the back with the words, “Vrinda, will you be mine?” She looked at the message in the sky with utter surprise. She then turned to look at me, but I was already on my knee. I proposed to her. I professed my love for her and told her that she was the most beautiful, intelligent and caring girl I had ever met. By the time I was done I was sweating profusely. My heart was beating a mile-a-minute. I looked into her eyes, awaiting a reply. She then uttered the best word in the English language, “Yes!”

I stood up. We looked at each other for over a minute. It was a minute which felt like a decade. Cupid had hit us with his arrows. As I was drowning in her eyes. I bent forward and kissed her. We then sat there, with her head on my shoulder, as we enjoyed the beautiful sunset.


*****
I woke up in my room. It was all just a dream. For a second I was depressed, but then I looked at the calendar. It was still 13th February, and I knew exactly how I would propose on the 14th. Time to hire a plane!

Check out: http://cupidgames.closeup.in/


-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge