Saturday 14 March 2015

Positivity Unleashed

I had just lost my job for reasons unknown to me. My wife who was pregnant was living at her mother’s house. We were having a bit of a fight. Nothing too serious, but I was all alone. I started applying for a new job, but in this market, it was almost impossible to land in a good firm. I spent 7 years in my last office. It was my first job and I had never worked anywhere else before. Also, without a job I now had to look for a place which had a more reasonable rent.

One day morning I went to the garden for a stroll near my house. I left my phone at home, since I didn't want to be disturbed. I thought a nice walk alone would cheer me up. Unfortunately it didn't. If anything the walk just made me feel worse. I went back home, more depressed than ever, and contemplating just giving up completely. When I reached home I check my phone and was shocked to see I got 37 missed calls and 49 messages. My wife had gone into labour!

I rushed to the hospital. When I reached, I learnt from my mother in law that I had just become a father of a healthy new-born girl. I couldn't be happier. I went in to see my wife. She was holding our new-born girl in her arms. Never had I seen a more beautiful sight. I didn't take a picture, because it wasn't necessary. I can never forget even a single detail of that moment. I kissed both of them on the forehead. I held the baby in my arms. I never knew that a person could be so little and so delicate. That’s when I forgot about all my worries. I was filled with a new hope. I spent the rest of the day with them, and I must say it was the best day of my life. I was no longer angry at my wife. In fact I even forgot what we were fighting about. It all just seemed silly now. No matter what she did, she more than made up for it that day by giving me my little princess. I would be in her debt forever for that.

It was that day that I decided never to give up.  I was going to be everything I could be. I was going to give life my best. I was going to the type of person my daughter would idolize. I wanted her to look up to me. So I decided to work hard and strive towards a better future.

Within that week landed a job in a better firm than my previous one. I found a new place to live by using Housing.com. (Yup, that's https://housing.com/). For the first time in my life, I knew everything was going to be fine.

---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge