Sunday 22 March 2015

Pursuit of Happiness (Its easier to find than you think)!

You know we can spend thousands and lakhs on going around the world or attending lavish events. Some people climb mountains and cross seas to look for happiness. Yet what most people don't realize is that happiness sis in he simpler and smallest of things. Here are a few of the simple things that make me happy:-
  • Taking a walk in the garden with my beautiful wife and baby girl, surrounded by the trees and with the sound of children playing in the background. The colourful butterflies crossing our paths, as if waving to us as they pass by. At such times I'm really happy and find that I am closest to family.
  • Sitting with old friends, and getting nostalgic. Narrating stories from yesteryear while drinking refreshing Coca-Cola. Truly, even something as simple as a bottle of Coca-Cola can put a smile on a persons face. 

  • Playing fetch with my dog, Tommy. That makes both of us happy. Dogs are truly man's best friend.  You won't believe the amount of joy my canine friend gives me.       
  • Surprising my parents. A child is really satisfied when he can put a smile on his/her parent's face. That's when the child actually feels that his/her mission is accomplished.
  • Binge watching TV shows with my wife, while drinking my favourite refreshment - Coca-Cola. I don't watch an episode per week. I'm more of an entire season in a day kind of guy. Be it Game of Thrones or Madmen or, my current favourite,  House of Cards, watching these shows with a Coca-Cola in one hand and my wife in the other also brings me happiness.
  • Writing for my blog. Yup, as my regular readers are probably aware, I update my blog frequently. This is a place where I spill my emotions, my inner feelings and my deepest thoughts. I do it because I love it. Few things gives me more joy than a seeing a well-written blog post of mine getting appreciated. 
  • Listening to old movie songs. My favourite singer is K.L. Saigal. His song, 'Do Naina Matware' really plays with the strings of my heart. The new songs cannot compare to the old ones. I hope that one day the new songs will also become melodious. But does it ever happen? No. It's only noise!
  • Eating cake
  • Playing hide and seek with my little girl. When I play with her, I also become a child once again. It may sound silly for a grown man to say so, but I do enjoy playing hide and seek.
  • Watching the sunset with along with my best friend – a bottle of Coca-Cola


So these are a few of the things that make me happy. What are the simple things that make you happy? Leave your answers in the comments below. 
For more happiness: http://cokeurl.com/96jnc



No comments:

Post a Comment

badge