Wednesday 15 November 2017

Midnight Express (Mumbai) - Restaurant Review

Midnight ExpressOver-all Rating: 7.7/10 (See Rating Chart below.)
Address: 19A, Siddhivinayak Commercial Complex, MIDC, Mahakali, Mumbai
Serves Non-Veg: Yes.
Cost for one: below Rs. 500/-
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast Food, Italian
----------------
Quality and Taste of Food: Ah! That Chicken Mexican Pasta took me to a warm afternoons, taking a siesta on a hammock tied between two trees, the shade of which created the perfect contrast between warmth and coolness. The contrast was well reflected in the Mexican Pasta itself, with its flavourful sauces and perfectly cooked fusilli pasta, I can say with certainty that I have never witnessed a better fusion of Italian and Mexican. Did I forget to mention that while I was taking this siesta, I was surrounded by joyful hens, pecking on the ground cheerfully? The chicken pieces were fresh and clean and had absorbed the spices well.
 Another excellent feature of this restaurant is that they have an option of vegetarian rices and noodles at reasonable costs, to go along with the variety of curries. This saves the costs for those who love rice/noodle and gravy combos like me. I ordered the Fried Rice and was pleased with my decision. The small additions such as spring onions created an enigmatic aroma which could tame even a wild animal.
The Chicken Manchurian gravy's consistency was to be applauded as it was not too thick, so as to be chewy when had with rice, nor was it think to make one feel one is having an Indian curry iinstead of an oriental gravy.
I admit that I have known about Midnight Express for quite some time and I regret not ordering from this place earlier. It's my new go-to take-out place for Chinese food from now on.
Price: While I would not categorize this place as 'easy on the pocket', even I have to admit it is reasonably priced when compared to its taste and quality. If the prices of certain items (such as the Drums of Heaven which currently costs Rs. 225/-) were reduced by 10-18%. I would consider ordering from this place more often. 
PackagingI would be remiss if I did not point out the sturdiness of the plastic containers in which the food was packed, negating the need for a plate, when food is ordered. 
Delivery : The food was delivered steaming hot! The delivery guy was polite. 
Offers: Furthermore, currently all orders from Zomato above Rs. 150/- entitle one to a 15% discount.  
In-depth Analysis: (Our overall rating is not an average of the sub scores below.)
Quality & Taste of Food:
25/30
Delivery:
13/15
Packaging:
8/10
Worth the Price:
13/20

----------
I hope you found this helpful. If you want me to review any other restaurant/play/movie/event, please say so in the comments below.

Rating Chart:
1.0-2.9: Torture.
3.0-5.5: Waste of time.
5.6-6.9: Decent. But can be skipped.
7.0-7.9: Good.
8.0-8.6: Great! Don't miss it.
8.7-10:  If you are a man, you can miss witnessing the birth of your child for this. This is a greater miracle.

1 comment:

badge